HISTORY OF THE COLLEGE
IMPORTANT DATES IN THE COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE
1930 (June). Opening of the Department of Architecture under the Faculty of Engineering of Santo Tomas. Classes were held at the Main Building.
1934. Produced the first batch of BS Architecture Graduates.
1935. Opening of the Fine Arts Department.
1937. Produced the first three (3) graduates in Fine Arts (BFA).
1938. Opening of the School of Architecture and Fine Arts (two departments combined into a school, separate from the Faculty of Engineering).
1941. Outbreak of Pacific War. (Schools closed)
1946. Reopening and elevation of the school to the status of College. (Classes held at the “Queenset Hut”)
1950. Finishing of the College of Architecture and Engineering Building. (Used for the first time)
1952. Opening of the Department of Sculpture (under Prof. Francisco Monti).
1954. Interior Design offered for the first time.
1958. Produced first graduates in BFA major in Interior Design and Advertising.
2000. Separation of the College into two- the College of Architecture (CA) and the College of Fine Arts and Design (CFAD).
2003. Transfer of the two Colleges to the Beato Angelico Building.
2005. The College of Architecture commemorates its 75th Founding Year.